Community Connection provides personal, one-on-one lifestyle support and assistance to individuals with a disability and their families, in Townsville and North Queensland, providing choice and control about living and participating in community.
The way that we achieve this may include one or all of the below:
- Individualised Support
- In-home respite and social support
- Support to access the community
- Lifestyle and future planning
- Developmental, Communication and Behavioural Strategies
- Domestic assistance
We support people of all ages, at all stages of life, living with a developmental, cognitive, physical and/or an acquired disability.
We believe that the match between each person and their Lifestyle Assistant is the foundation of the relationship. Once we understand the vision and goals for the future, we recruit Lifestyle Assistants – the final selection rests with the individual and their family.
We strive to provide support in the most natural ways possible in order to promote the image of people with a disability in the eyes of the community.
This is achieved by:
- Recruiting quality staff
- Encouraging Lifestyle Assistants to be good ambassadors by paying attention to their positive image – no uniforms, logos or badges
- No advertisements on vehicles