To make “what can be” a reality for individuals with a disability.
Community Connection provides personal support and assistance to individuals with a disability, and their families, so that all people have choice as to how they want to live within their community.
Our Values and Beliefs
- That individuals with a disability have a right to live and participate in their communities.
- That individuals with a disability and their families have a right to a good life – in the ordinary sense that we all understand it.
- That community life and relationships cannot be artificially duplicated or approximated by placing individuals with a disability in group or institutional settings.
- That people deserve a life they don’t need a break from – not a break from a life characterized by intolerable pressure.
- That individual’s with a disability deserve the support they need to maintain good standing within their relationships and not to be seen as a burden.
- That the families of individual’s with a disability deserve the support they need to maintain their health and wellbeing.
- That parents and families are the right and proper advocates for their sons and daughters who are not able to speak for themselves.
- That we listen to individuals with a disability through all communication means to maximize their own personal choice and control.
- That we advocate all responsible bodies, so that they are aware of the extent and nature of these needs.
- That support is always one-to-one, with a matched person selected by the individual with a disability and their families.