Join the team at Community Connection! We are currently hiring for a number of positions that need to be filled ASAP. All Support Staff at Community Connection are employed on a ‘casual’ basis. This means there is regular hours per week however the hours will not result in full time hours so ideally this is suited for someone who is seeking a supplementary income.
If you are very motivated and you believe that every person deserves to have the best life possible regardless of their abilities, then please read on. All applicants must have their own car and an open driver’s license. A current police check is a requirement for all successful candidates.
All support staff can only work for the one person; this means that candidates would only apply for the one position as the recruitment process is highly focused on the right match between the Lifestyle Assistant and the person receiving support.
Immediate Start for the right person – No Experience Needed !!
Regular morning hours to support a young teenager with a disability.. Seeking a highly motivated individual who can work in a busy household. Your main duties include assisting the young man to get ready for school and prepare his breakfast and lunch. The successful applicant would have a strong sense of cultural awareness. Applicants with an Aboriginal / Torres Strait and Pacific Island background are encouraged to apply. This position would suit someone local to the area who is seeking a supplementary income. 7 ½ hours per week ( Early Morning Shifts).
The successful applicant will need to be very fit to keep up with the person requiring support.
Weekly gross wage $ 195.60
Community Connection is a well established ‘Not For Profit’ Service that provides support to people with a disability in the Townsville Region.
We currently require a motivated and committed Lifestyle Assistant to assist with all aspects of daily living including personal care for a 52 year old man with a physical disability.
No previous experience is necessary as paid on the job training is provided.
Approximately $1462 gross per fortnight (before tax)This position involves support to a woman diagnosed with Autism and Cerebral Palsy who does not communicate verbally. The successful applicant must be extremely confident, patient and able to assist with all aspects of personal care and be able to work the sleepover shifts set out below.
Tuesday – Sleepover – 4pm to 6am
Thursday – 9 – 4
Saturday & Sunday – Sleepover – 4pm to 6am
Tuesday – Sleepover – 4pm to 6am
Thursday – Sleepover – 4pm to 6am
What we offer you:
- Ongoing paid training (a range of workshops to provide you with the necessary skills to become a fantastic Lifestyle Assistant).
- Regular roster with set hours.
- A Salary Sacrifice Debit Card resulting in greater take home pay;
To apply applicants must demonstrate the following:
- Excellent Communication Skills both Written and Verbal
- Ability to be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts
- Ability to understand the needs of a person’s right to live & participate in his or her community free from the barriers that people with a disability continue to experience.
- An OPEN Driver’s License and own reliable car.
- Ability to obtain a Yellow Positive Notice Card and a Blue Working with Children Card
- Applicants must be able to provide 2 x work related referees.
To receive an application form, please send your resume to: email@example.com