At Community Connection, Individuals with a disability and their families are supported by Lifestyle Assistants. Each Lifestyle Assistant is selected by the Individual and family to work with them.
Lifestyle Assistants are:
- Matched to the Individual and family
- Employed on a casual basis
- Employed to work primarily with one family
- Employed to work collaboratively with the family but are also responsible to Community Connection
- Employed to work with the person to develop their skills and competencies
- Employed to assist the person to link into the community
Lifestyle Assistants are required to have the ability to communicate effectively with the Individual being supported, together with the necessity of being accepted by the individual.
To ensure we have made the right match, Lifestyle Assistants meet with the Individual prior to commencing work.
Community Connection believes that Individuals with a disability have a natural right to:
- live in their community
- live an ordinary life
- opportunities and choices in their lives
- be respected and valued
If you also believe in this philosophy and would like to work exclusively to support an Individual with a disability, please contact us.